Sunday, October 31, 2010

USCIS..American citizenship oath ceremony(travel, and parking).

I recently went to the oath ceremony for naturalization in Brooklyn, NY.
Some pointers :
If you want to map the address on your GPS use 

225 Cadman Plaza East
Brooklyn, NY 11201

There is car parking at 203 Jay St, Brooklyn, NY 11201-1907 Edison park fast. Which is approx a 6-10 minute walk from the US District Court. (No street parking).
Visitors/family are not allowed at the oath ceremony itself but they can wait for you in the cafeteria upstairs.
Just so you know the travelling time for me was approx under 3 hours from Mastic Beach in Long Island and I left at 5:40am and walked in the doors after being searched etc at 8:30am, my appointment time was 8:28am. As a precautionary you might want to spend the night at a hotel or something nearby(closer).
  
The following NYC subway lines stop in the vicinity of the Courthouse. The 2 and 3 trains stop at
Borough Hall and Clark Street. The numbers 4, 5 and the M and R stop at Court Street/Borough
hall. The A, C and F trains stop at Jay Street/Borough Hall. http://www.nyept.uscourts.gov/pdf/directions.pdf

* You must wait 10 business days before you can update your status at the Social Security office(at least that is what I was told when I went the next day).

4 comments:

  1. THAT IS FANTASTIC INFORMATION.ANXIETY IS KILLING ME.MINE IS TOMORROW 2/2/2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, but then again u don't need luck anymore LOL its all over finally LOL .. let me know if u have any questions etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if your appointment was at 830 when were you finished with the entire ordeal? thank you for your help! I'm trying to plan a celebratory lunch for my friend who's going to the ceremony

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was out of there by approx 1pm.

    ReplyDelete